About the competition and the team.

The 48 hour film competition is an exciting weekend of cinematic madness. Teams are given 48 hours to make a short film - from start to finish.
This year, 2011 we have joined forces by combining 2 Wellington teams - Traces of Nut and The Electric Pink Company. We will be blogging the whole weekend and you can follow us through the highs and lows - so bookmark it and come back and visit us!
The shoot weekend is Friday 20th May to Sunday 22nd May 2011

Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's That Magic Late Time Bubble

I am Richard, and I have been given the helm of the blog for a short while. You may have noticed a recent blog entry which describes us doing our last set-up at 8.40. This is untrue. It is 12.27 am on Sunday, and we are actually filming our third/fourth-to-last set-up. I'm not even sure. I do the music, for the most part, with the colossal assistance of Davie Hoskins, and his mercury voiced partner Gemma, who I left with a vague reference for time/key and a bunch of lyrics (mostly by Sam and Dean). All her takes are like frozen, sharpened polar bears that strike through your very core, thaw inside you and eat your innner penguins. It is possible at this juncture that I am betraying a little of my sleep dep. It has been pretty damn full on. TBH this morning, at about 8am (no sleep), I held grave fears for our film. Seeing the edit come together and hearing the music come to life today has breathed some heavy damn vigour into our shit. I really hope it all comes together with the promise we are seeing at this point. Loving 48 Hours again (thank god) for now (god there's still tomorrow to survive).
Signing off.
Dickos Fortuna

No comments:

Post a Comment